The Colfax Church of the Nazarene was founded in 1913. We have been at our present location since 1963.
Our desire is to be a support network sharing hope and healing that comes through knowing Jesus Christ.
About our denomination:
Jesus lived in the town of Nazareth and was called a Nazarene.
Later, His followers were called the Nazarenes. Paul, on trial, was accused of being the ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.
Of course, Jesus did not found any denomination. That is simply the history behind our name.
Our desire is to be like Jesus, with His teachings as our doctrines and His life as our example.
The Church of the Nazarene extends around the world
Brief Statements of the beliefs of the Church of the Nazarene
1. In one God - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. The Old and New Testament Scriptures, given in plenary (full) inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
3. That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
4. That those who never repent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
5. That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
6. That born-again believers are to be sanctified wholly through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. That the Holy Spirit gives us assurance that we have been saved, and also gives assurance of the entire sanctification of believers.
8. That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised and final judgment will take place.